We are aware of a spam email that is spoofing an enrollment confirmation email for Mvelopes.
Here are some things to know:
- If you receive the email and there hasn’t been a new Mvelopes account created using your email address, feel free to contact us using live support chat.
- The email will appear to be from Shopper_Rewards <email@example.com>. It’s also cc’ed to a separate email account.
- The subject takes the first piece of your email and adds IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR YOU and then some spammy-looking letters.
- As far as we can tell the links in the email take you to pages on Mvelopes. But we wouldn’t suggest clicking on them anyway.
- This spam email is in no way associated with Mvelopes or our customers.
- With any email that contains links or attachments, use common sense: Was I expecting it? Do I know the sender? Then and only then, mouse-over any links to confirm legitimacy before clicking them.
Things you can do to stay safe:
- Mark the email as spam.
- Be vigilant in vetting emails before clicking on anything.
Thanks to those people who reported this to us in the first place.